Sunday, May 25, 2008

NEVER LEAVE A GUY IN CHARGE


I went fishing on a friends boat, first we had to clean the boat before we even left. Our goal was Wahoo fishing. Trolling along and we got a hit, I grabbed the rod and began to fight the fish. Attempts were made by men anglers to adjust the drag, to grab the rod out of my hand, because the guys didn’t think I could do it. The fighting resumed and I fended off the men anglers. I brought the fish very close and to my surprise, it was the biggest Wahoo I had ever seen. Looking for someone who had the gaff, as I turn I see our friend grab the wire with this giant Wahoo on it and begin pulling this fish over the side of the boat. While I was screaming wheres the gaff, the face of this six foot giant with mouth wide open was looking straight in the face of the idiot who tried to wire a fish as big as this. Well, the rest of the story is a tragedy, the weight of this fish snapped the wire and nearly in the boat the fish jerked its way to freedom.

No comments: