Sunday, June 15, 2008

HOOKED ON FISHING

Just another Mother-Daughter day, we head out on the boat, a perfectly beautiful day, but the fishing was not good. I got a call from my brother who was just coming out, I told him that we were heading in and would meet near Fowey Rocks. I told him that the fishing wasn't good, he simply asked if we had beer on the boat. My reply was "no we sure don't". At that point it was apparent to me that we couldn't possibly catch fish because we were missing a key element.

Meeting up with my brother, we approach each other and hand off the beers, both of us with our trolling lines behind us, his line was coming over the top of ours so I had to grab it to untangle it, at the same time he was trying to stop due to my dilemma, the problem with boats are they don't have brakes. Some how I got a hook in the top of my hand, as I was running across the deck I ran out of boat. What do I do? Well the choices were go swimming or pull the hook out of my hand, I took the hook out, with a swift yank, out it came. My daughter was freaked by the whole thing, since I always seem to get into a little jam every time we go out. Well all that out of the way, it was time to resume fishing, our last chance to catch something before going home.

Less than a minute passed my brother still looking on from his boat and our line starts screaming off. There must be something to that beer on the boat theory. Just like that thing with the bananas. All I know is we brought in a beautiful dolphin and happy with our catch we headed in for the day. My brother was not so happy, he told me that we took his fish! How does that work exactly. I reassured him that he did indeed catch something, it was me. That's bigger than anything he ever caught.

No comments: